Sunday, April 26, 2009

Eye Soar

Day 11, Class 13
4:00 with Susan
Now it seems that no matter what day or time I go to class, I have Susan. I don't mind; she leads a really great practice. Today, I was 30 minutes early after yesterday's near disaster. It was so hot outside that I couldn't imagine going anywhere hotter on purpose, but there I was. I set up, stretched, relaxed and dozed off a little before class.
This is one of my favorite stretches before class.

There's not much to say about this practice except that I am getting a little stronger, deeper and more focused every day. The balancing series causes less pain in my ankle with each class and the intense ankle pain during Fixed Firm is virtually... manageable. It's not completely gone, but they never did like that posture very much. I felt like my first Locust was quite high, but I can never see it to be sure. When I get a little further along, I want to have someone to take my pictures in each posture somewhere beautiful. I would love to see what I look like... I think.
Salabhasana- Locust

Increases spinal strength & flexibility
Helps prevent lower backache
Helps cure lumbago, rheumatism & arthritis of the spine
Relieves menstrual problems (irregularity, cramps, backache) Cures tennis elbow Firms buttocks & hips

I'm certain it wasn't this high, but definitely higher than usual.

Susan said that the eyes are the first line of communication to the nervous system. I think she's right. We have all kinds of physical reactions based upon what we see. We can use that mode for production or destruction. Eye know what I'll choose. When I look into the mirror or look at my pictures, I will look on with love and pride and appreciation even if every posture is not perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment