Thursday, April 30, 2009

On Second Thought

Day15, Class 17
5:30 with Eric

I am leaving for Cincinnati in the morning and have so much to do tonight and for some reason, I was completely exhausted at work. I made it to class, but did not know how much more I would do. Actually, when I got to class, I was feeling a double coming on. As I was changing, I realized that I had not repacked my bag at all. I only had the extra shorts and towel from a previous class... as in no top. I happened to have two tops in the car from a quick shopping trip last week. They were still in the back seat... sometimes it pays to be a little less mindful about keeping the car clean. With no extra clothes or towel, the double was becoming less and less likely. I wasn't late, but was one of the last to arrive. That had me left in the front row... the pressure. It's OK, I can be a good little Bikram student for 90 minutes.




Everything was working out well, but my mouth became unusually dry toward the end of the standing series. In most classes, I am typically fine with sipping water only during "party time" and after Toe Stand. Today, I was very, very thirsty. When I thought over my day, it occurred to me that I had not had any water, or anything else to drink beyond my good morning green smoothie. That is very unusual. Thoughts of dehydration began to consume me and the floor series was a wrap after that. I felt too weak to do anything fully. I realize that much of it was mental, but the physical piece was definitely there.

After Garurasana or Eagle is "Party Time"! It's the only official water break in class.

Works into twelve major joints of the body
Good for central nervous system
Facilitates lymphatic function, improving immune system
Improves mobility of hip joint
Improves balance
Strengthens legs
Good for varicose veins


Needless to say, thoughts of a second class this evening were completely out the door. This is not a good way to go on a 3 day Bikram break. I've got to hop to when I return. I'm only half-way looking forward to my weekend because I am trading the sunshine for rain... the rainbow will be watching my godson celebrate his 2nd year of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment