Sunday, May 31, 2009

Eye Candy

Day 46, Class 39
2:00 with Rebecca

I arrived at class... without a mat. That pretty much set the tone for the rest of the class. I rented one, set-up in the front and went to sleep before class. I was extraordinarily stiff during half-moon, which is not one of my favorites to begin with. I became dizzy in the standing back bend and it felt worse in the second set. I was afraid about the rest of class. However, for a minute, I was inspired by some new eye candy in the room. Where did that come from? Yummy!

Tony Parrish- former NFL STRONG safety

My Standing head to knee pose is getting easier to hold with leg extended, now I am working on bending my elbows. My legs are so long though, I think this could be a while... then there's the getting the head to knee. Well, as Rebecca reminded us, we have the whole rest of our lives to practice the yoga. Dandayamana Janushirasana as demonstrated by Tony Parrish
I started to feel unstable again after a successful standing bow series. On Tuesday, I was finally able to get my forehead to the floor on Standing separate leg stretching pose, for the first time since the hamstring injury. It's been tight, but not painful. As long as I move slowly, I'm OK... Well, that was a few days ago. Today, it was tight again, which made the other side poses a challenge- except for the first set of Triangle. That was easy- because I sat down to regroup. The second set was good though. It must have been, because Rebecca usually corrects my Triangle (asking me to bring my long legs closer together because I don't sit low enough. Today, she didn't say anything, unless she just felt sorry for my-pitiful-self. My toe stands were pretty good and I was ready to fall on the floor after that.

Tony Parrish in Triangle... why not?

I don't think I mentioned it before, but my locust has been so good lately. I mean, my legs are really getting up there. I really want someone to take a picture of my poses. Maybe I'll schedule a private session and invite a photographer (my mom) one day soon.


My legs aren't nearly this high, but is this not amazing?

The rest of the practice was uneventful. But just before final breathing, Rebecca stood atop her soapbox to talk about respecting each other at the end of class, by leaving and shutting the doors quietly. She was pretty funny and very serious at the same time. Now, off to my niece's birthday party. I can't believe she's 14. My God, bless her and keep her.

No comments:

Post a Comment