Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Gimmie Five!

Day 41, Class 36
5:30 with Susan

When I arrived to class, Eric the Stoic greeted me with a smile, thanking me for my e-mail and asked if he could use it as a testimonial on the BYD website. SURE! I meant every word. Just remove the names to protect the innocent.


Toward the beginning of class, Susan reminded us that the definition of an asana is to be in a position that is firm, but relaxed. Huh?


The class was a little wierd for everybody. I blamed it on having been away for so long, Susan attributed it to the New Moon (no moon). Susan, who is a great teacher, was calling out incorrect postures and everyone was falling and even laughing throughout class. She is so funny. She makes torture very enjoyable. In her times of seriousness, she suggested that we think of practicing for someone else. I could immediately relate. I know that when I am stronger, more flexible and more focused, I do a better and safer job for my clients and patients. What Susan went on to say was that when we feel better in our bodies, where less likely to be grumpy and ruin someone else's day. OK. I'll take that. She also said that no matter how we feel about a posture, it could always be worse. Perspective, always perspective.


I intended to stay for a second class, but unforeseen circumstances prevented me from doing so...

Seriously? Five days behind, for real? How did this happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment