Monday, May 18, 2009

Helpful Hiatus

Day 33, Class 32
6:30 with Susan

I had a great time at Chateau Elan. I did not feel quite rejuvenated, but I was definitely able to relax. I also had the opportunity for my hamstring to get a little stronger. My plan was to return to class on Sunday, but I worked after the long weekend, so I extended my 2nd Bikram break during this challenge.
DON'T DO IT!


I had mixed feelings going into class today. I was really anxious to get back... but I was also quite, well, anxious, about coming back. Apparently, I was the first in the group to complete the challenge. I think that Falcon must have, but I know that he is going for 60, so he may not have even wanted to acknowledge this milestone. We don't have a challenge board, like I've seen at some other studios to keep track. It's all in the computer. I can see both sides of the rationale. I let Eric know that I had completed my 30 in 28. he congratulated me and applied my 10 class card to the computer. That's a good thing, since I am going away for 5 days and need all of the pennies that I can save.

In the beginning of class, I was tight, most notably in my hamstrings. I did not have the pain that I had had in the classes last week, but I could tell that I was not quite at 100% yet, either. I know that my mind was drifting, but my practice was decent. I was thinking about my Summer plans, purchasing a new home, stupid boys, and washing my hair.

Meanwhile, back in the hot box, my side angle poses left a lot to be desired because of the hamstring issue. Again, it's not excruciating, but it was tender enough for me to guard in order to prevent re-injury. My left toe stand was pretty awesome... now Savasana. I was right at the side mirror, where I sometimes sneak a peek at myself- for form, depth, etc. When I turned my head toward the mirror, this time to see how high my head really is off the floor, my bun started to unravel. grrrr! I intensely despise the spine strengthening series when my hair is down.

No comments:

Post a Comment