Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hot Mama!

Day 25, Class 27
2:00 with Rebecca R.

Today is Mother's Day, the day I get to once again, celebrate my mommy! I attended the 2:00 class since it was between church and dinner. Both were great and so was class. After so many consecutive classes, there is a tendency just go through the motions and even get a little ahead of the instructor. Today, I decided to be very purposeful about listening to every single step and doing only and exactly that. I noticed a difference even in the first breathing exercise. Triangle felt very different, as well. There's something to to said for following directions. I was a little more focused. The few times that my mind did drift, I was able to bring it back. I had not been able to over the past few days.

Listening...

My body still feels great, but I am supposed to be training for a marathon in October. I don't want to do anything that will cause injury and prevent me from completing this challenge. Maybe I will just do a little light jogging for now and start the real training in mid-July.

Mystery Mountain Marathon
October 11, 2009

I heard from Randy who is in California completing his Bikram teacher's training. The experience sounds amazing and I told him that I was both terrified and excited for him. He was singled out by Bikram on the very first day, in a positive way. That may backfire at some point as Bikram has already threatened to stand on Randy's back. WOW! I can't wait to hear more.


I hear it's not rare for this to happen.

I finally visited the BYD site to check out the challenge rules and prize categories. Eric upped the ante this year, but I am nearly halfway to the big prize, so it's all good. The prizes are:

Attend 30 classes in 35 days and receive a free 5 Class Card.
Attend 30 classes in 30 days and receive a free 10 Class Card.
Attend 60 classes in 65 days and receive a free 1 Month Unlimited Class Card

Last year, there was a 1 Month unlimited for 30 in 30. Oh well, "The benefits of a challenge come from a consistent practice more than how many classes you take", so says Eric. My schedule is currently set-up to complete 60 classes in 60 days by June 14. I am two days ahead right now, but I will be on a retreat this weekend and at a conference the next weekend, so I'll have a few more doubles to do in the meantime to stay on track.

Chateau Elan
Site of Ray of Hope Women's Retreat 2009

After class, I had a wonderful dinner with my mother at one of her favorite Atlanta Restaurants, TWO Urban Licks. I had the arugula salad and sea bass tacos. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment